Double Gloucester Stuffed Red Peppers
prep: 20 mins ? cook: 35 mins
- 2 red peppers
- 110g Ilchester? Double Gloucester cheese, grated
- 175g cooked long grain rice
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons single cream
How to make
- Preheat the oven 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4/Fan 170°C.
- Cut the peppers in half, lengthways and remove the seeds and any core fibres.
- In a bowl combine 90g of the Double Gloucester grated cheese with the remaining ingredients.
- Fill the peppers with the cheese mixture and place on a deep baking tray or ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the stuffed peppers. Cover the tray/dish with foil and place in the centre of the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove the foil and bake for a further 15 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the filling is golden brown.
- Serve immediately with a crisp mixed salad.
Tip: If the peppers roll on the baking tray, line it with scrunched up foil which you have formed into Small wells, this will stop them moving and save you washing up!