Chicken Breast stuffed with Double Gloucester, Rosemary & Thyme
prep: 20 mins ? cook: 35 mins
- 4 x skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 100g? Ilchester? Double Gloucester cheese
- 8 rashers thin cut streaky bacon
- ? tsp fresh or dried rosemary
- ? tsp fresh or dried thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make
- Preheat the oven to 350°/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Make a horizontal slit in each chicken breast forming a pocket; take care not to cut all the way through the flesh.
- Cut the Double Gloucester cheese into 4 even sized pieces and place one in each pocket of the chicken along with a small sprinkle of rosemary and thyme.
- Stretch the bacon rashers with the back of a knife and wrap 2 rashers around each of the chicken breasts, securing firmly with a cocktail stick.
- Place in a roasting tin and season with a little freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes until the bacon is crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
- To serve, remove the cocktail sticks and cut each chicken breast on the diagonal (take care as the filling will be very hot). Serve with some roasted cherry tomatoes and salad.